Cb900c top cb750 bottom

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cb900c top cb750 bottom

Griffin
Anyone ever try to bolt a dohc cb900c top end to a cb750 bottom?

Wondering what all has to be swapped for the best outcome. Crankshaft, rods, ??? Or is it simply just the pistons to the cb750 rods, and bolt on the cb900 cyclinders and head?

Basically can it be done without opening to the 750 case?

I already have a 1980 cb750f motor and found a good deal on a cb900c motor. Wondering if I can marry the too and get close to the power of a cb900 without the high low transmission.
Dave Arnold
Xclusive Sites - Web Development - xclusivesites.com
ISSA Certified Personal Trainer - onlineptconnect.com/xclusivesites/
Instagram @phparray
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cb900c top cb750 bottom

TOOLS1
Administrator
There was someone oh here a few years ago that was working on this same thing. I know that there was a lot of work involved in it, and I think he finely just swapped the 750 transmission into the 900 engine. This allowed him to use the chain drive, and eliminated the two speed trans housing.
TOOLS
Life is not about the number of breaths, you take, but the moments that take your breath away.
I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill
Never confuse education for intelligence.
Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
I just can't imagine what could go wrong.
No fire? No explosions? So whats the point of your story?
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato
It couldn't be done, but the darn fool didn't know it, and did it anyway.
We all got problems. Ksharp
I like vintage bikes because they take me away from the clutter of technology that I work with everyday and back to a simpler time of mechanical elegance and simplicity.. "ninadm"
Darkwing Duck: The worst part of public transportation is the Public.
"That is awesome shit there" Re-Run
"Fear nothing, attack everything" Eric Berry
" Oh, you read that on the internet? Clearly it IS a massive problem. Of course it CAN’t be normal operation."

1976 CB 750-A X 2
1977 CB 750-A X 4
1977 CB 750-K
1976 CB 750 F
1981 CB 750
1966 Kawasaki SG 250
1981 KZ 750 LTD
1973 CB 350
1979 CM 185 Twinstar
1982 Honda XL 80
South of Eden (Kansas City MO)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cb900c top cb750 bottom

Griffin
Swapping the transmission sounds like a better plan.

On Sep 13, 2017 9:47 AM, "TOOLS1 [via Vintage and Classic Honda's]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
There was someone oh here a few years ago that was working on this same thing. I know that there was a lot of work involved in it, and I think he finely just swapped the 750 transmission into the 900 engine. This allowed him to use the chain drive, and eliminated the two speed trans housing.
TOOLS
Life is not about the number of breaths, you take, but the moments that take your breath away.
I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill
Never confuse education for intelligence.
Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
I just can't imagine what could go wrong.
No fire? No explosions? So whats the point of your story?
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato
It couldn't be done, but the darn fool didn't know it, and did it anyway.
We all got problems. Ksharp
I like vintage bikes because they take me away from the clutter of technology that I work with everyday and back to a simpler time of mechanical elegance and simplicity.. "ninadm"
Darkwing Duck: The worst part of public transportation is the Public.
"That is awesome shit there" Re-Run
"Fear nothing, attack everything" Eric Berry
" Oh, you read that on the internet? Clearly it IS a massive problem. Of course it CAN’t be normal operation."

1976 CB 750-A X 2
1977 CB 750-A X 4
1977 CB 750-K
1976 CB 750 F
1981 CB 750
1966 Kawasaki SG 250
1981 KZ 750 LTD
1973 CB 350
1979 CM 185 Twinstar
1982 Honda XL 80
South of Eden (Kansas City MO)



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://vintage-and-classic-honda-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Cb900c-top-cb750-bottom-tp4062689p4062690.html
To unsubscribe from Cb900c top cb750 bottom, click here.
NAML

Dave Arnold
Xclusive Sites - Web Development - xclusivesites.com
ISSA Certified Personal Trainer - onlineptconnect.com/xclusivesites/
Instagram @phparray
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cb900c top cb750 bottom

TOOLS1
Administrator
And you only need to turn the engine over to remove the bottom case half. No need to disassemble the whole engine.
TOOLS
Life is not about the number of breaths, you take, but the moments that take your breath away.
I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill
Never confuse education for intelligence.
Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
I just can't imagine what could go wrong.
No fire? No explosions? So whats the point of your story?
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato
It couldn't be done, but the darn fool didn't know it, and did it anyway.
We all got problems. Ksharp
I like vintage bikes because they take me away from the clutter of technology that I work with everyday and back to a simpler time of mechanical elegance and simplicity.. "ninadm"
Darkwing Duck: The worst part of public transportation is the Public.
"That is awesome shit there" Re-Run
"Fear nothing, attack everything" Eric Berry
" Oh, you read that on the internet? Clearly it IS a massive problem. Of course it CAN’t be normal operation."

1976 CB 750-A X 2
1977 CB 750-A X 4
1977 CB 750-K
1976 CB 750 F
1981 CB 750
1966 Kawasaki SG 250
1981 KZ 750 LTD
1973 CB 350
1979 CM 185 Twinstar
1982 Honda XL 80
South of Eden (Kansas City MO)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cb900c top cb750 bottom

Truck
Easiest thing would be to find a 900f motor, direct bolt into a 750 frame.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cb900c top cb750 bottom

Griffin
true and that's what I wanted to do but I've not been able to find one so I picked up a cheap 750 motor and just found another cheap 900c motor I was thinking about getting.

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Truck [via Vintage and Classic Honda's] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Easiest thing would be to find a 900f motor, direct bolt into a 750 frame.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://vintage-and-classic-honda-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Cb900c-top-cb750-bottom-tp4062689p4062693.html
To unsubscribe from Cb900c top cb750 bottom, click here.
NAML

Dave Arnold
Xclusive Sites - Web Development - xclusivesites.com
ISSA Certified Personal Trainer - onlineptconnect.com/xclusivesites/
Instagram @phparray
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cb900c top cb750 bottom

Griffin
In reply to this post by TOOLS1
That's great to know!

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:36 AM, TOOLS1 [via Vintage and Classic Honda's] <[hidden email]> wrote:
And you only need to turn the engine over to remove the bottom case half. No need to disassemble the whole engine.
TOOLS
Life is not about the number of breaths, you take, but the moments that take your breath away.
I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill
Never confuse education for intelligence.
Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
I just can't imagine what could go wrong.
No fire? No explosions? So whats the point of your story?
Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato
It couldn't be done, but the darn fool didn't know it, and did it anyway.
We all got problems. Ksharp
I like vintage bikes because they take me away from the clutter of technology that I work with everyday and back to a simpler time of mechanical elegance and simplicity.. "ninadm"
Darkwing Duck: The worst part of public transportation is the Public.
"That is awesome shit there" Re-Run
"Fear nothing, attack everything" Eric Berry
" Oh, you read that on the internet? Clearly it IS a massive problem. Of course it CAN’t be normal operation."

1976 CB 750-A X 2
1977 CB 750-A X 4
1977 CB 750-K
1976 CB 750 F
1981 CB 750
1966 Kawasaki SG 250
1981 KZ 750 LTD
1973 CB 350
1979 CM 185 Twinstar
1982 Honda XL 80
South of Eden (Kansas City MO)



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://vintage-and-classic-honda-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Cb900c-top-cb750-bottom-tp4062689p4062692.html
To unsubscribe from Cb900c top cb750 bottom, click here.
NAML

Dave Arnold
Xclusive Sites - Web Development - xclusivesites.com
ISSA Certified Personal Trainer - onlineptconnect.com/xclusivesites/
Instagram @phparray